Are you applying for a STEM degree?
Come along to one of Medical Research Scotland’s ‘2018 Meet the Researcher Showcase’ events on Tuesday 13 March 2018 in Glasgow and on Wednesday 14 March 2018 in Dundee.
This very popular event provides 5th and 6th year school students with an opportunity to:
• find out about the diverse range of opportunities and careers in medical research in academia and industry;
• hear talks from academics and representatives from industry working in the field of medical research;
• view posters presented by Medical Research Scotland funded Undergraduate Vacation Scholars, PhD Students and MRS-sponsored Daphne Jackson Fellows, explaining their research and findings;
• take part in hands on exhibits;
• speak to the presenters and exhibitors;
• discover that medical research opportunities extend in to engineering, chemistry, physics, mathematics, information sciences and the social sciences…not just biology!
Projects presented will span a wide range of disciplines, including molecular biology, cell biology, bioengineering, physics, IT, neuroscience, chemistry, immunology, cancer biology and clinical research, illustrating the breadth of medical research opportunities available to your aspiring pupils.
Your pupils are invited to attend one of the events, to be held on Tuesday 13 March 2018 at Glasgow Science Centre, 50 Pacific Quay, Glasgow, G51 1EA
Speak to Mrs Swan to get an application form to attend.