To contact the school please fill in
the electronic form found here.
Your enquiries are important to us.
We have 16 guests and no members online
people have visited our school website!
Read all about what's been happening in the Support for Learning Department.
The Scottish Government is updating the National Approach to Anti-Bullying for Scotland's Children and Young People.
The purpose of this is to help adults who are in contact with children and young people to prevent and deal with bullying in similar ways.
The Scottish Government are consulting children and young people and their parents as part of the process of updating the National Approach.
Below is a link to a short questionnaire with a view to gathering the views of parents on anti-bullying.
Please note the closing date is Friday 19 February
Please note that Law & District’s cross country race this Saturday has been cancelled due to amber weather warning.
If any pupils in S1-3 want to be part of the school team for Law & District’s Schools’ Cross Country races, which will be held on the fields around the JC stadium on Saturday 30 January, please give your name and class to your PE teacher or to Mrs Lindsay in Computing/Business.
Races are in year groups, the course isn’t too long and the competition not too fierce.
You don’t need to be an athlete to take part – it’s open to everyone.
Come and have a go if you think you’re tough enough!
Deadline for names Monday.
For further information please visit SSE website.
Scottish Apprenticeship Week 2016 will take place from 29th February to 4th March 2016 and Scottish Gas will be holding an open day at our Training Academy in Hamilton on Wednesday 2nd March, in support of the week’s activities.
The open day is for information only and is designed to give you an understanding of the skills that our Apprentices and Trainees acquire whilst working for Scottish Gas and also an insight into our assessment process and how to apply when we have vacancies available, no one will be applying for roles on the day. This is an opportunity to meet with our Apprentices and our Training Team to ask them any questions that you may have about our Apprenticeships &Traineeships, both of which are open to all. We have no age restrictions and the open days are available to attend for anyone that is aged 15 or above.
As part of our policy of strengthening links between the home and school we have arranged a parental consultation evening on Thursday 4th February, 2016 between 4:30pm and 6:30pm for parents of S3 pupils. On this evening you will have the opportunity to meet all of your child’s teachers through an appointment system. This is with a view to establishing what help you and the teacher can give to improve the progress in learning of your child.
Entry will be through the main school entrance and registration will take place on entry. Please note there is limited car parking near the school.
S4 – S6 Preliminary Examinations
28th January to 5th February 2016
Information for Candidates
1. Exam leave is Thursday 28th January until Friday 5th February inclusive. All pupils must attend classes up to and including Wednesday 27th January.
2. Monday 25 January to Wednesday 27 January will be used for revision in class.
3. The exams will take place in either the Games Hall or in classrooms. Please check your individualised timetable carefully for the location of your exam.
4. Be sure of the starting time and place of an exam – remember the starting time is when the actual exam begins so plan to be in the correct place at least 10 minutes earlier. A seating plan will be placed in the PE corridor across from the 6th year common room and should be consulted when you arrive in school.
5. You are responsible for bringing pencils, pens, rulers, erasers, calculators etc to the examination. Check with your subject teacher what equipment you need for their subject. Bags will not be allowed into the Games Hall or classrooms. Mobile phones should not be brought to the Games Hall or classrooms.
6. Remember to quote your Scottish Candidate Number (SCN) on every exam paper.
7. You will be required to wear school uniform during the examinations. That should be shirt and tie, black trousers/skirt, black shoes and school blazer.
8. Examinations in the Games Hall and classrooms can have different starting and finishing times. When any examination is in progress silence must be observed and movement in and out of the Games Hall and classrooms kept as quiet as possible.
9. If sitting an examination in the morning or afternoon and waiting for a school bus- do NOT wander the corridors - use the Library or go home.
10. Please examine your timetable carefully and inform Mr Shearer of any issues immediately.
11. Normal classes for S4-S6 resume on Thursday 11th February 2016
Hazelhead Homecare are currently looking for a Temp office Junior to carry out a range of basic administration tasks.
It would be suitable for Pupils who are thinking about leaving school this year and 100 % certain that they wish to go straight into further education.
If you would be interested please contact Lisa Wallace on 01555 771185.