To contact the school please fill in
the electronic form found here.
Your enquiries are important to us.
We have 92 guests and no members online
people have visited our school website!
Booking is open till Monday evening for S3 parent’s evening on Wednesday 24th January.
Did you know that Chinese Mandarin is, after Spanish, ranked as the most important language for people in the UK to know?
From this Wednesday, come along to B205 on Wednesday lunchtimes for our Mandarin Club!
A native Mandarin Chinese speaker is leading the club, and you will find out about China’s fascinating country and culture in a relaxed and fun environment as well as learning to speak some of the language. Open to all, and feel free to bring your lunch!
BT Open Day
On the 7th February BT are holding an open day to hear about up and coming apprenticeships (Field Engineering, Power Engineering, IT, Openreach Trainee, Customer Experience, Desk Based Engineer and Vehicle Technicians). On the day you will have the chance to speak with department heads, hear a short presentation on the various opportunities, get a tour of the centre and a Q&A with current Apprentice’s.
If you are interested please see Miss Eadie or you pupil support teacher.
Carluke High School is open as normal this morning.
Great article on our Young Peoples Sport Panel – the piece really showcases the great work taking place across South Lanarkshire and the excellent opportunities and support being provided to our young people.
Josh Fullarton 6B1 has been heavily involved, well done Josh!
For the attention of parents/guardians of pupils in 2H
We are hosting an information evening on Wednesday 17th January from 4:45 – 5:30pm to give you important information about the upcoming visit to Barcelona, including travel, accommodation and provisional itinerary.
There are aspects we would like to consult you on, and we will also answer any questions you may have.
It would be very helpful if you could please bring your child’s passport and EHIC (European Health Insurance Card) if you have them at this point.
We look forward to seeing you on Wednesday!
Mrs Drennan and Mr Sinclair
Recent progress in developing the literacy of our students:
• August- ‘Read in Reg’ Programme is launched with S1.
• September- Paired Reading begins for S1 students.
• October- National Poetry Day is celebrated in the library. Students from all year groups are involved.
• November- English teachers attend the S1 parent’s information evening and showcase examples of work.
• December- ‘Read in Reg’ book review competition is launched and has excellent uptake.
• January- ‘Read in Reg’ classes will listen to classical literature (Oliver Twist) via audiobook and partake in tasks.
• February- S2 ‘Reading Circle’(during registration) and lunchtime clubs are launched in the school Library.
• March - World Book Day is celebrated across the school.
Mr Creaney's Pupil of the Month for December 2017 is awarded to Josh Hodgson 1B and Alanah Armstrong 2B.
Congratulations and very well done!