In Carluke High School pupils are expected to take pride in their appearance and their school. The vast majority of parents and pupils have expressed their wish to see see uniform.
We believe that it enhances the learning atmosphere and ethos of the school and as such we positively encourage all pupils to wear school uniform.
ALJ Industrial Supplies
What to wear
- Plain white shirt
- Carluke High School Tie
- Plain black V-knecked jumper or cardigan (optional)
- Plain black trousers and skirts (skirts should be of an appropriate length)
- Plain black shoes
- Carluke High School Blazer
- Outerwear (coats, hats, etc) may be worn in inclement weather. However, all of these should be removed when in the school building.
S1-S3 Tie has the CHS Lettering
S4 Tie has CHS Badge with silver diagonal stripe
S5-S6 Ties has CHS badge with diagonal stripe in house colour.
The International Tie has a CHS badge with continual diagonal silver stripes. This is presented to pupils who have represented their country.
Unacceptable item of clothing
- Jeans, skinny jeans, leggings and jeggings.
- Combat trousers
- Tracksuits and jogging bottoms
- Shorts and hotpants
- Football colours
- Clothing with slogans that may cause offence (anti-religious, symbolism or political slogans)Clothing which advertises alcohol, tobacco or drugs
- Clothing which can be deemed unsuitable in terms of health and safety grounds, such as shell suits, combat style clothing, dangling earrings, loose fitting clothes particularly in practical classes
- Articles of clothing that could be deemed to inflict damage on other pupils or be used by others to do so
- Footwear that may damage flooring
- Skirts must be of an appropriate length.
Benefits of wearing uniform
- Encouraging a sense of belonging and pride in the school
- Enhancing the school image in the community
- Discouraging bullying which may arise from pupils not having certain items of clothing or footwear
- Improving security on school trips through easy identification of CHS pupils